Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Friday, 1 January 2016

Great Things Lie Ahead

I have big things planned for this year.

Growing as a person, learning, and becoming stronger is one of the main things. I want to become the type of person who can radiate positivity and brighten somebody's day.

My Jade Rose project runs through my mind so much, it can be agonising. She bounces around my mind as inspiration and as concepts, yet I still feel like I haven't brought her to life. Therefore, I'll create a website. Just for Jade.

This blog. I know what I need to do with it now. I'm ready to progress even further with this small space to reflect, challenge and create.

I am not as excited for 2016 as I am focussed. I'm aiming to stop striving and struggling and just accept the in-the-moment freedom that is always available to me. It's such an uplifting place to be. I want to spend my life appreciating things and actually living, not constantly planning for a future that is always tomorrow.

I hope 2016 will bring great things to you reading this as well.

Love, Ashana Lian .

8 comments:

  1. I love this post, it's so inspiring. Recently I've been feeling like unaccomplished, and I think it's a wise idea to live in the moment and appreciate the little things more. I feel that we are always striving whatever we do, but that regardless we should stop to smell the flowers (or the burnt toast as it may be).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad :3 LOL burnt toast! That is soo me, I'm not the best cook >.<

      So many people I know have felt like they've underachieved in the same way you feel you have. But the New Year's Day has this incredible way of giving people a surge of motivation that they've lacked all year. Loads of people I spoke to have awe-inspiring things planned for the new year, and I come to realise that it doesn't even matter if it gets forgotten about at times, as long as they're trying. It's better than giving up. I just hope some of them take care of themselves as well and don't work themselves into the ground.
      (P.S. Happy New Year Mawa!)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! I am so glad that you have such great plans for this year, and I look forward to all the awesome stuff you're going to be posting. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year!! Thanks for your support, I'm pretty optimistic about it too. Let's see where it goes, shall we?

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!!!! I am kind of the same as you, I am very determined this year. I have a lot I want to accomplish, and only a tiny amount of that is blog wise. Good luck with this year!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charnell, and wishing you lots of luck too!!

      Delete
  4. You really do seem keen on making this coming year a worthwhile one! I am hoping I can do the same because there are a lot of things I want to get done, and yet I also need to focus on school and work hard this year and the upcoming one as well. Can't wait to see what we both achieve. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts as well <3 Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was great to discover yours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got pretty tough pretty quickly, but all I can do is my best. So I guess, best of luck to us both! Thanks for commenting =D

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts