Thank you VERY MUCH to Roo who nominated me so long ago, she may have even forgotten! Sorry it took so long Roo. You know how life gets. Busy busy busy.
- Thank the one who nominated you.
- Post the logo on blog.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate ten Bloggers.
- Ask them ten questions.
1. Who’s your favorite superhero?
It used to be Jubilee from the X-Men, until I realised I didn't know very much about her. I'd probably say Wolverine, although in terms of females I'm not even sure if I have a favourite anymore. I'll probably make my own (Moon and Lane). My favourite superhero OUTFIT is Donna Troy's. =D
2. C.S. Lewis or J.R.R. Tolkien?
I actually prefer Lord Of The Rings in general to The Chronicles Of Narnia, so Tolkien. However. I have read TCoN, and seen the film The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe but not liked it. Also I have seen every film in LOTR and THobbit series but *embarrassed* not actually read the books yet. I haven't had a chance to visit my sister and borrow her series.
3. What’s your favorite animal?
4. What song do you listen to the most right now?
Oooo that's a convenient question! I just got a whole new bunch of music.
- I have realised that I have fallen in love with Sam's Smith's voice. Such a beautiful voice. <3
- Now you See Me Spellbound Remix by Brian Tyler (Now You See Me Soundtrack, Electronica)
- Run Boy Run by Woodkid (Divergent OST. Er... tribal alternative music?)
- Miles Away by Masspike Miles (R&B)
- I've hunted down yet more Touhou tracks (they are honestly never-ending) and I love Imperishable Night Stage 5 Theme - Cinderella Cage.
- I was watching videos on illustration tutorials, and one video played this AMAZING retro sounding Zelda OoT/MM mash-up, and having played that game so many times I just had to get the music from FlashyGoodness (It's track 3. It says if you put in $0, you can get a free download! That made it even better, cuz I'm kinda broke. =D )
- Oh! The Edge Of The Earth by Switchfoot. Amazing!
5. How long have you been blogging for, and did you have a plan for the blog when you started?
I've been blogging since 2011, so about 3 years. The plan was to cultivate my own "proper"writing style as I was afraid I'd picked up bad writing habits from fanfiction forums. THIS blog is only a year old! It's a baby :3 Thankfully it succeeded n refocusing me, as my other blog started to veer off track.
6. Cake or pie? (This question is serious business, everybody >:| )
...... oh my worddddd. Um... generally speaking, I prefer a cake. But it really does depend because I'll put apple pie and custard over ANY cake. Most other pies... no.
7. What month/time of year do you feel the most creative in?
(Is that a real question?!) I feel creative all the time! XD I never feel uninspired, so it just builds up and up because I get more ideas than I know what to do with. More stress comes from not having the time to write. Oh well!
8. Tea, coffee, or just water?
TEA! OMgsh, TEA! I love organic Pukka tea right now. Lemon, ginger and manuka honey =D now THAT is the flavour to be havin'.
9. If you could instantly learn one language, what would it be?
Japanese, because I've been learning it for a year already and it's going really slow. Even though I enjoy it and I'm learning quite a bit, with all the overtime I work I struggle to find time to practice throughout the week. However, I know I will learn Japanese eventually, so in that case I'd say French, because French is my lingual nemesis.
10. Did you smile today? Better yet, did you make someone smile today?
I smiled when I woke up at the prospect of getting a lot of work done today. Now it's the end of the day and the dismal results are clear to see, I feel miserable and moody. I did make someone smile today, but I think it was out of pity. I think I embarrassed myself. I just don't even want to think about it anymore. This is why I've been in bed all day.
... hey, I smiled just now, actually, at the question about cats! I just, *sigh* I just, adore.
My 10 questions =D
1. Who's your favourite author?
2. What's the best thing about blogging?
3. How many books do you own?
4. What's the last movie you saw?
5. Okay, important question... tomato sauce, or barbecue sauce?
6. What skill do you really want to learn or wish you had?
7. How many different types of social media do you have? (it counts if both are owned by the same company. Blogger and Google + still counts as 2.)
8. Do you have a (secret..?) talent or quirk (or in my case OCD) that surprises other people?
9. What's your dream job?
10. What was the last thing you made or did that you're proud of?
My 10 nominees
Wow, this is gonna be tough! Many bloggers are very busy and no longer accept awards. But here goes.
1. Mawa at All Things Wordy
2. Imogen at Gossiping With Dragons
3. Kara at Diary Of A Teen Writer
4. Ana at Butterflies Of The Imagination
5. Carla at The Carla Diaries
6. Anah at Turtles In My Soup
7. Heather at Sometimes I'm A Story
8. Laura at Boats Against The Current
9. Aimee at To The Barricade
10. Kat at Readiculous Blog
Have fun you guys! (Girls, actually. Hey, there's isn't a SINGLE GUY on this list. Interesting. O_O (hang on, it's the SISTERHOOD Of The World Award! DURH, I'm so stupid.)) I'm unsure exactly who's done this so anybody who wishes to take part, you're very welcome. Just say I tagged you!
I put this picture because London is so grey right now, I think it's actually making me ill. I don't think I have S.A.D. Just a touch of Crazy.
Click to read the article on Describing Skin Colours and Ethnicities
Click to find out about my fantasy novel.
Ashana Lian .