Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Fantasy Art: Destiny Blue!! (I LOVE HER!)

Mini Update
I'm in shock. I NEVER get ill, but I was ferociously ill yesterday. My cough was so rattly it sounded like a snake was in there. I stayed in bed all day, which would've been nice, only I felt uncomfortable because I was both hot and cold (I was shivering uncontrollably but also sweating). I realised just now the cough first came up on Sunday, so I probably caught that work. =/ I'm stunned. I do feel a lot better today though. In fact I feel great because I worked on my novel so much yesterday!


I have been super eager to write this post on Destiny Blue (I wrote one on my old blog, but this blog definitely needs one). Destiny Blue's artwork is well known for using an anime style and strong contrast between light and dark. A lot of her pieces have a 'glowy' effect and often draw upon illusions - for example, in The Cage, it appears at though the bars of the cage are the braids of the girl's hair; and in Broken Window, the fingers act as a figurative gun and the eye as the window.

You may remember I mentioned in the LFCC post that I managed to buy two prints - WHOO! I'd been trying to find her for quite some time, LOL. I had to insist I wasn't stalking her (Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.) - but I wanted to buy so many more! Below are my favourite works from Destiny Blue.










The above two were about The Butterfly Project, which is a coping mechanism for those who self-harm. I wish I'd had that technique when it mattered.









I hope you loved these as much as I do! I also adore;
- One Of Us Can Be Free
- Drawing's An Addition and
Freedom: Not A Number.
To find out more, go to Destiny Blue's Deviantart.


Click to see more Fantasy Artwork posts
Click to find out about my fantasy novel

Upcoming Posts
- awesome geeky cutsey cosplay pinafores
- my literary personality doppelgangers (I'm a INFJ!)
- who illustrated A World Of Ice And Fire? EVERYBODY WANTS TO KNOW!
to sample a few. So STAAAY TUNED!


Ashana Lian .

8 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks for sharing! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Helen, I'll have a look. Glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  2. Wow, her artwork is truly stunning! I absolutely love the one with the hand print on the back, I want that for my wall! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favourite too :3 I hope she'll be at London Film and Comic Con next year. I must remember to stick around for that YA Con as well... I kinda breezed through it. Thanks for commenting =D

      Delete
  3. These are such beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing—they totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! They cheer me up too, especially the last one 'Golden'. Thanks for commenting! ^_^

      Delete
  4. She's amazing. I love how she draws the eyes - so much emotion. The Butterfly ones are beautiful (and score for helping people who self-harm; life's hard that way). The Cage is awesome! (And Imprint. Wow). I'll definitely check her out now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know!! Yes please support her and drop a comment on her page if you like her work. =D I get so mesmerised by these.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts