Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Saturday, 1 November 2014

It Begins - (Fake) Nanowrimo

Mini Update

I do apologise for the delay in my posts. I suffer from constant tiredness (is chronic fatigue the term?) pretty much all the time unless I'm taking iron, and a dozen other physical/mental/emotional problems besides. (It seems highly likely I have bipolar disorder, where did that came from?) Never mind that, we've already addressed that I'm kinda messed up. These last few weeks while I've been doing overtime at work, I haven't had much energy or brainspace left for anything else. However, my efforts will be renewed this month now that I'm (kind of) doing...

NaNoWriMo!

It's November. It's the first November I have remembered about National Novel Writing Month, wherein writers across the nation write a (hopefully praiseworthy) 50,000 word novel in 30 days. That's about 1,666.66 recurring (lol.) or 1,667 words each day. That's pretty cool because I just finished my writing for the day and met that word count pretty quickly.

I'm working on the novel I started in May 2013, which I refer to as OOTD or Karalan's Legacy. Most of it is written, but I'd really appreciate the motivation to get that last bit done. It's taken me far too long to write the final third. So even though I'm not creating an account for NaNoWriMo - I am so fed up of social media - I will be sticking to the same goal.

I assume that many people are working on half-thought out ideas or a brand new novel, sooo, here's two images that I love to look at, both because they're true and because they make me laugh. Click the link under the image to enlarge!

How To Publish Your Book

To enlarge, zoom in on this page.


Writing Inspiration - Characters For An Epic Tale


My eldest sister found this for me on Pinterest, and they found it on mollyirwin.tumblr, and the source for THAT was the explore-blog, and finally I think the original source, Tom Gauld's website. The point is, it's not my image (I wish).


Click to take part in NaNoWriMo

Click to find out about my novel, OOTD/Karalan's Legacy
To read what I write, check out Fiction Fridays!


Is anyone taking part (for real)?
To all the writers out there, wishing you the very best of luck!


Ashana Lian .

4 comments:

  1. I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo this year, but I signed up kind of last minute, so I have had no plan and have so far been making it up as I go along! Best of luck with your own novel! And I love those two images by the way. The top one especially made me laugh - I'm constantly getting snacks/going on Facebook/watching Game of Thrones when I'm supposed to be writing (hence why NaNoWriMo is going to be a challenge)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh XD it's so true. Well, it's true now that I've read a difficult part in the story. Before, I would write over doing ANYTHING else. Now I'll do ANYTHING except write this mind-boggling bit of the story. >.< I am ALWAYS EATING. I really need to curb the habit!! Anywho thanks very much, I hope your novel is going well too.

      Delete
  2. I'm taking part! FOR REAL. I'm deep in and very excited still. I usually get a bog around 30K though, so *gulps* we'll see how this goes down. >.>
    Ugh, I'm sorry you're not well though, but I HEAR YA. I'm always tired too. I kind of have insomnia. I have like a hyperactive brain and it. does. not. stop. I CANNOT SLEEP. It is a little like a 24/7 party in my brain and even I get sick of being around me. Fun fun. (Not.) But I hope the iron kicks in and helps you. My mum always gives me iron when I'm dragging around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go you, taking part FOR REAL! I know exactly what you mean! I'm going through the same thing now; more than halfway through my novel and sludging through until the end. I'm finding it hard to keep track of what characters should know what information. Anywhoo e_e
      Aww Cait *huggles.* That was exactly like me in my teenage years, that's when my insomnia was the worst. It's definitely got better, but now I only have insomnia when I have a problem, instead of hyperactive fantasy world imaginings. Heh heh so true, what would we do without our mums :3 Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts