Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Liebster Award


Thank you to Carla from The Carla Diaries for this award!


Liebster Award Rules:

- Link back and thanks the person who nominated you
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can't nominate the person who nominated you)
- Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let your nominees know you've nominated them.


My 11 Facts:

1. In my 'Fiction' folder, I have 75 distinct original and fanfiction stories I wrote between 13 and 17 years old. Most are unfinished, and there are only about 10 that I'm not ashamed to share.

2. I care a lot about my health, but despite paying a lot of attention to my diet, exercise is the bane of my life. GAH.

3. I would HATE to be famous.

4. I have too many Legend Of Zelda, Disney princess, and Sailor Moon images on my computer. My Fantasy images folder is almost too big to navigate through.

5. Depression sucks. Either that, or I suck at life in general.

6. I aim to be fluent in Japanese and French by 2020. It. Has. To. Happen.

7. If ever I should get a compliment, it is always about a) my eyebrows (I didn't even KNOW that people plucked them! Like whaaat?!) b) my legs (urgh, please.) c) my dreadlocks (... I don't take care of my locks like I should, so uhhh I don't get this one.)

8. Days when the sun shines make me SOOO HAPPY. If the sun is out and I'm stuck inside, I get into such a bad mood.

9. My university degree, which in a perfect world I would have finished this year, will now take me a further THREE YEARS to complete. Woe life.

10. I love blogs, but I dislike almost every other type of social media. I also don't have a smartphone because I feel like it's asking for trouble.

11. I'm always very flattered when people support this blog, so once again thanks to EVERYBODY for reading. It really means so much.


My 11 Answers:

1. Why did you start blogging?
When I started BLOGGING blogging, it was because my friend started one and I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of my writing progress. When I started this blog, it was because I'd become serious about expanding my knowledge of the fantasy genre and wanted to express my love of it.

2. What is your favorite book ever?
It's Magician by Raymond E. Feist (which ironically Carla, who nominated me for this review, hated!)

3. Which book character do you wish was your husband?
No idea. I don't make a habit of getting attached to guys who don't exist (at school, the whole Team Edward, Team Jacob thing was weird to me. I was like, 'But they're not real'.) If I had to pick one, I'd pick a character that a friend of my mine wrote in her book-to-be, but as it's not published yet, it technically doesn't count. =P

4. Who is your favorite book character ever?
I cannot even begin to attempt to answer this question I mean just why why would you ask this that is cruel.

5. Which city do you dream to visit?
I don't know. I stopped dreaming about travelling when my OCD and irrational fears got out of hand. Tokyo, I guess.

6. Are you a fast or slow reader?
When my aim was to read one book a week, I met the target with days to spare. But when I don't feel like reading, it takes me ages to get through anything. So, medium, I guess? It depends.

7. If you had to go on a desert island and could only bring only three items with you, which one would you choose?
Infinity-iPod, being an ipod with infinite battery and infinite songs. Then of course headphones to listen to them, and... can my Mum be an item?

8. High heels or flat?
Flat. I can't be bothered.

9. What is your current favorite item in your wardrobe?
Haha, my dressing gown! I could just lounge in it all day, eat junk and deny the need to get a life.

10. What is your favorite animated sitcom?
AVATAR: THE LEGEND OF AANG! (And after that, The Simpsons.)

11. What are your hobbies?
Drawing, songwriting, and singing are all hobbies of mine. I love the arts, but not theatre because every experience I've had has been self-esteem destroying, and I gave up Dance about three-years ago for a similar reason.


My Nominations:

I can't keep track of who's done this and who hasn't, so instead this is an open nominations to anyone who would like to do the Liebster Tag. Please paste the link of your post in the comments! Have fun.


My Questions:

1. Who is(/are) your favourite author(s)?
2. What is your most recent fandom (something you're obsessed with)?
3. What's your favourite time of the year?
4. Is there something particular you need to have or do while reading?
5. Not to depress you, but how many books on your TBR?
6. What advice would you give to someone new to (book) blogging?
7. Who is your favourite antagonist/villian?
8. What is your favourite ship/pairing, or if you're not into romance, your general favourite protagonist?
9. What is a talent that you're proud of?
10. What's your dream job?
11. And finally, what the kindest thing that's ever been said to you? c:


Thanks for reading. Happy Tuesday! Peaceee.


Ashana Lian .

3 comments:

  1. Hey!

    It was great to learn more about you.

    75 different fiction story that you wrote between 13 and 17! You're impressive!
    Lol I would LOVE to be famous. If I were you I'll start by leaning French first. It's much easier than Japanese, trust me. I'm a fan of Avatar as well! I'm jealous of you, I wish I coud sing too, but I have the most horrible voice, ever, lol.

    By the way, what are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carla! Thanks for stopping by.

      I'd say 'thanks' but most of my Starlit or 'old generation fiction' are quite bad XD oh man, my fanfics! It's a little embarrassing but I'm fond of them too. The idea of fame makes me uncomfortable. The loss of privacy and all that. Stressful! O_O

      Ironically, studying Japanese is much easier to me than French. I find French a little easier when I learn French songs and sing them, but the English-Japanese language exchange I'm doing is so much fun that I seem to absorb the knowledge better! Maybe I should do that for French and I'll get better. (My voice is pretty weak tbh. I should take sing lessons. =P ) I'm studying English Literature! It's great, but we should study more fantasy... other than LOTR, that is!

      Delete
  2. Yeah that's true that the loss of privacy must be quite stressful. It's definitely easier to learn Japanese if you can speak it with someone regularly, lol. I guess French would be easier to learn because it's closer to English than Japanese is.

    Haha, it's always like that in English Literature course, fantasy = LOTR and nothing else, xd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts