Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Monday, 6 October 2014

Autumn Tag

I wasn't quite 'tagged' by Alma from Journey Through Fiction, more like, I joined in an open tag: Alma wrote, "If you are reading this and would like to take part, consider yourself tagged :D", so I am taking her up on the offer.


1. Ok we're talking coffee's - What's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?
It's weird how this question came up, because lately my insomnia's gotten worse again... I've had to have a cup of instant coffee first thing to get me through the day. =/ Usually I don't drink it, so if I'm out and it's autumn, it's hot chocolate. Without fail. As a matter of fact, I had one this evening.

2. Accessories - What do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?
In autumn, I never bother with gloves. I need my fingertips free for my beloved 5th gen iPod. And scarves get annoying. But I always wear my knitted hat and ankle boots, if I have a pair at the time. I usually wear them out. c:

3. Music - What's your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?
Music is not seasonal for me. I listen to whatever I feel like listening to at that exact moment, and that's usually influenced by the story I'm writing at the time. Last week I listened to Dance and Electronica. The week before that, I'd ONLY play Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. This week I've had 'My Sharona' on repeat, and I've been listening to rock and alt rock. So... yeah.

4. Perfume - What's your favourite scent for this time of year?
I don't wear perfume, (but I want to - and) if I did I would wear warm cinnamon-y smells. =]

5. Candles - What scents will you be burning this season?
Same type as ^.

6. What do you love most about Autumn?
I feel like Autumn is the most peaceful season. I like being peaceful myself with a book and a lovely cup of tea. And taking long walks.

7. Favourite make-up look?
I like to go natural. (I'm lazy.)

8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?
Right, first thing's first - in Alma's post she mentioned all of this delicious food. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BAKE SOMETHING TASTY THIS AUTUMN! Also a lot of awesome books will be released about this time. (Diary Of A Wimpy Kid always makes me laugh so I can't wait for The Long Haul.)

Also, fingers croooossed, my novel will finally be finished...??!! I have been looking forward to THAT for about forever.


I tag Carla from The Carla Diaries, but anybody else is welcome to take part as well!


Ashana Lian .

4 comments:

  1. I'm a hot chocolate person too! Our work just got a Costa machine and it's the greatest thing to ever happen... EVER! Okay, maybe I am exaggerating, but it's still amazing. My taste in music doesn't change depending on the seasons either, that would just be weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! In the library! That is pretty cool. It would be nice not to have to go outside to get hot chocolate (or a coffee, when I can't keep my eyes open!)

      The thing is, my taste in music doesn't change with the seasons, but my mental state seems to change from month to month and what I feel like listening kinda changes as well... I'm not sure if that actually counts or not! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me!!! There's no seasonal drink for me. I'm addicted to fizzy drinks, so a Coca Cola or a Fanta can help me get through the day, lol. And I agree with you, that would be real weird to change your music preference according to seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun doing the tag! I'm actually getting into these bloggy things, hahaheheh.

      Well its a funny thing... in the summer, I definitely have my 'summer' song, like dance anthems and loud "happy" music, and sometimes in winter if I'm out walking and it's grey and cold, I might play my miserable Lana Del rey songs (lol!). But it's not like clockwork. It's not guaranteed, just sometimes I feel like it. I'm quite erratic with my music.

      (It is a bit of an odd question, I can only guess that some people actually do change their playlists seasonally.)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts