Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Thursday, 2 October 2014

Artwork: Anndr Kusuriuri's Fantasy Deviations

Deviantart is a great place to find fantasy art. It's such a broad community of both professional and novice artists, painters, doodlers and illustrators that I know every time I visit I'll discover something that fills me with awe. It's also great that all over the world, people come together for the love of art.

Today I picked the artist Anndr Kusuriuri. A lot of the fantasy landscapes are wide and sweeping settings that exaggerate the multitude of colours something can have - for example, the clouds in Unconquered Castle aren't just white - they're white and purple and yellow as well. I felt like this creates the effect of the entire picture hitting you at once, and you feel that sense of wonder, then you have to stop and take in all the little details. I adore the paintings from this artist.


Landscapes








Portraits








To find out more, visit anndr's deviantart.


Ashana Lian .

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These are incredible! There is so much detail in them, like the stars on the third one down! And I really like that first one of the castle. It's so bright that it's totally convincing as some kind of fantasy world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. The sheer number of incredible fantasy art floating around the interwebz is just s t a g g e r i n g O_O That was one of my favourites too. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can't deal with all of the beauty in this post. They are beautiful. I adore all of the landscapes, all the detail and such vivid colours. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know =O Every artist has their own signature style and it's hard to put a finger on exactly why these are breathtaking.

      My particular favourite is The Measure Of All Things - I suddenly realised it reminds me of Rain from my favourite manga Immortal Rain. I couldn't help but do last week's Fiction Friday on it! Thanks again for commenting.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts