Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Marvel Origins Books Haul

I know I said I would calm down on the Marvel Posts, but... oh well.


Marvel's Mightiest Heroes! (Graphic Novel Collection)

Last week I couldn't help picking this up: Marvel's Mightiest Heroes, Issue 6 - Jean Grey.

On the one hand, I don't much like her, but then what I'm really saying is I don't like how she is often portrayed. It's my fault for being born in 1992 - I guess nowadays people are bored with the JG origin and just want to see her crazy Pheonix side or her Inner Self (whateverTF that means.) But I never really got an origin story in the first place so I like to understand the original concept of her character a bit more, before the Phoenix, before the parallels, before the Emma Frost homewrecking and so on.


I remember in the previous post about this, I said I wasn't sure how much I'd be interested in. I looked up the issues I missed between 1 and 6.

[Issue 1 - The Avengers (bleurgh)]
Issue 2 - Spiderman (I quite like him, but with the movies and promo and stuff, I'm tired of him now.)
Issue 3 - Wolverine (DAMN! I shoulda got this!)
Issue 4 - Hawkeye (I'm sorry, who?)
Issue 5 - The Hulk (Do Not Want.)
Apparently issue 7 is Powerman. I have no idea who that is but actually he looks fairly interesting. I just hope he won't be a Juggernaut cop off.



Marvel Hero Origins Story Collection

I couldn't resist picking this up too. I feel a necessity to start from the beginning to properly understand these characters, especially since going to London Super Comic Con. I am inspired to learn more.

Like I said, I don't care for Captain America... at all. I mainly picked this up for X-Men, but I have been interested in Thor since I saw the movies - I guess I'm not supposed to say that, but oh well. Spiderman, again, is touch and go. Still, I will read all of them. Perhaps I'll like Capt. A once I can see what made him so popular in the first place.



I also want to get the Marvel Super Heroes Poster Book because I am a kid at heart and I want pretty pictures. But that is for another (pay)day.

I did some other posts on Marvel HERE.



Ashana Lian .

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts