Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Author's Notes on [Revelation Of The Gateway]

HERE to read the short fic.



Well, I don't own this picture but does anybody know who does? I'd like to credit them!

1.
I love that picture.

2.
One rule I kinda made up for Fiction Fridays was that I do not edit whatever I write. So the first draft goes up - bam, that's it. That it. If it doesn't make sense, if there's typos, WHATEVER. It stays.

... this rule might not stay. XD

3.
This fic doesn't actually makes sense. There was some things I realised I didn't explain properly, I wanted to to go back and add it in, but couldn't because of the above rule... oh well. It was fun, for a short fic. I haven't written an oneshot in ageeeees. AGES.

4.
I realised something else about Fantasy Fiction Fridays. If I keep writing short fics, it's going to distract me from the book I'm actually writing. Karalan has been on my mind ALL DAY, nonstop, I thought about her when I woke up, on the train to work, she walked around work with me and used fire essence on evil customers and swore at them and sneered, but I haven't actually written anything down.

SO, oneshots will be every other Friday, and Friday's in-between HAVE to be from Seven Empires Fall O_O wah.

5.
'Celestial energy'? I LITERALLY lifted that from my my other story, Seven Empires. Fall (prev. out Of The Dust) I couldn't really be bothered to go into creating a new magic. Aura energy is already fully developed, so I thought, let's tweak that. If I wasn't myself, I'd be annoyed at my own laziness, but seeing as I don't much care c:




Improvements (If I were to rewrite/add to this, I would...)

- Create a fuller picture of Visago and Neina. I didn't get to describe either of them enough; only the vague impression that she is younger than him because she's his student, and she has long hair.
- Get more in depth about the 'energy'.
... or not. Creating new laws of space/time/physics is hard. I'd first have to take this story a lot more seriously, and we all know I'm not really trying -hahahaha.-
- MASTERS OF THE FORM!! Of everything in this short fic, the Liberty Sword and the Masters intrigued me the most. I'd really love to explore their social/political status and what they can do and whatnot c:


 
Ashana Lian .

PS. I used to only post on Thursdays, but not I post fics on Fridays, normal posts will probably be on Tuesdays now. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts