Ashana Lian's Fantasy Lab



Fantasy and Fantasy Writing from every angle: fantasy and sci-fi novels, films, artwork, superhero cartoons, children's and YA books, manga, anime, video games and comics. Put the microscope on 'Geek Culture'.

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Out Of The Dust - Humble Beginnings


Today marks the beginning of the third month that I have been feverishly writing Out Of The Dust. I considered posting this on my personal blog, but decided that this story was too special to me and gave it a sparkling brand new one. =]

THIS IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!

I mean, come on! It's ME. I can barely stick to one story at a time. I was worried that I was never going to be able to write a book - I'm constantly inspired, forever jotting things down and being grabbed by new ideas that it's always tricky for me to stick to one thing. My Story List now spans over a hundred distinct ideas or plots for books, however great/lame. (So I'm set for life - great - but who the hell has time to write a hundred books?)

(... naturally, I'm going to try.)

But now, whenever I'm inspired I simply feed the idea straight into Out Of The Dust. Instead of being constantly diverted, in fact the story is constantly expanding.

I'm happy. ^_^

It's five in the morning and I'm going to write some more of OOTD Chapter 3, with the gang of Xivi island. I think I'll use this blog to mark my progress. I'm sure it will be helpful.

But then, come on. It's ME.
I already have a dozen other names, and four other blogs.



Ashana Lian .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Ashana Lian always replies to comments and if you leave a link, she'll visit your blog or website. Don't be shy!

Popular Posts